Prime Minister Krishi Sinchai Yojna-Har Khet ko Pani
- 96 deprived irrigation districts will be taken up with an allocation of Rs 2600 crore. The Centre will work with the state governments to facilitate farmers for installing solar water pumps to irrigate their fields.
- To achieve convergence of investments in irrigation at the field level,
- Expand cultivable area under assured irrigation,
- Improve on-farm water use efficiency to reduce wastage of water,
- Enhance the adoption of precision-irrigation and other water saving technologies (More crop per drop),
- Enhance recharge of aquifers and introduce sustainable water conservation practices by exploring the feasibility of reusing treated municipal waste water for peri-urban agriculture and attract greater private investment in precision irrigation system.
Kisan Credit Cards
- Kisan Credit Cards facility extended to fisheries and animal husbandry farmers to help them meet their working capital needs.
National Health Protection Scheme
- The world’s largest government funded health care programme.
- To cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
Ekalavya Model Residential School
- To provide the best quality education to the tribal children in their own environment by 2022.
- In every block with more than 50% ST population and at least 20,000 tribal persons with special facilities for preserving local art and culture besides providing training in sports and skill development.
Operation Greens (On the lines of Operation Flood)
- To address price volatility of perishable commodities like potato, tomato and onion.
- Will promote Farmer Producers Organisations (FPOs), agri-logistics, processing facilities and professional management.
- With a total investment of Rs.500 crore.
International Financial Services Centre (IFSC)
- An IFSC caters to customers outside the jurisdiction of the domestic economy. Such centres deal with flows of finance, financial products and services across borders
- In order to promote trade in stock exchanges located in IFSC.
National Bamboo Mission
- Promoting holistic growth of bamboo sector by adopting area-based, regionally differentiated strategy and to increase the area under bamboo cultivation and marketing
- Termed Bamboo as “Green Gold”.
- Bamboo grown outside forest areas have been removed from the definition of trees.
- Amount allocation: Rs. 1290 crore.
Affordable Housing Fund (AHF)
- Affordable Housing Fund (AHF) will be created under National Housing Bank (NHB). It will be funded from priority sector lending shortfall and fully serviced bonds authorised by Central Government.
- Beyond this, he did not elaborate about the proposed Fund. It will be used to construct one crore households in the rural areas Pradhanmantri Awas Yojana.
Ayushman Bharat Programme
- Aimed at making path breaking interventions to address health holistically, in primary, secondary and tertiary care systems, covering both prevention and health promotion.
- Initiatives under Ayushman Bharat Programme –
(i) Health and Wellness Centre:- These centres will provide comprehensive health care, including for non-communicable diseases and maternal and child health services.
(ii) National Health Protection Scheme:- will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
Prime Minister Krishi Sampada Yojana
- Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters
- Flagship programme for boosting investment in food processing and the sector is growing at an average rate of 8% per annum.
- The following schemes will be implemented under PM Kisan SAMPADA Yojan
- Mega Food Parks
- Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
- Creation / Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation Capacities
- Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters
- Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure
- Human Resources and Institutions
Central Board of Excise and Customers(CBEC)
- To be renamed as central board of indirect taxes and customs (CBIC).
Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan (GOBAR-DHAN)
- To manage and convert cattle dung and solid waste in farms to compost, bio-gas and bioCNG.
Revitalising Infrastructure and Systems in Education (RISE)
- To step up investments in research and related infrastructure in premier educational institutions, including health institutions by 2022
- With a total investment of Rs.1,00,000 crore in next four years.
- Under the Regional connectivity scheme of UDAN (Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik) (UDAN
- Initiated by the Government last year, 56 unserved airports and 31 unserved helipads would be connected.
- To expand airport capacity more than five times to handle a billion trips a year.
Prime Minister’s Research Fellows (PMRF)
- To improve the quality of teachers.
- Under this, 1,000 best B.Tech students will be identified each year from premier institutions and provide them facilities to do Ph.D in IITs and IISc, with a handsome fellowship.
“Housing For All”
- 1 crore houses will be built in rural areas till 2019 to fulfill “Housing For All”.
- 14.34 lakh crore has been allocated for this.
Extension of benefit Under Ujjawla Scheme
- Ujjawala scheme will be increased to 8 crore poor women with previous target of 5 crore.