Directions (Q. 1-11): In each question below are given three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer
1) if only conclusion I follows.
2) if only conclusion II follows.
3) if either conclusion I or II follows.
4) if neither conclusion I nor II follows.
5) if both conclusions I and II follow.
(1-2): Statements: All politicians are men. Every man is wise. Some wise are experienced.
1. Conclusions: I.Some politicians are experienced.
II.Some men being experienced is a possibility.
2. Conclusions: I.At least some wise are experienced.
II.At least some men are experienced.
(3-4): Statements: All actors are dancers. No dancer is a singer. Some singers are musicians.
3. Conclusions: I.No musician is a dancer.
II.Some dancers being musicians is a possibility.
4. Conclusions: I.Some actors being musicians is a possibility.
II.Some singers being actors is a possibility.
(5-6): Statements: Some newspapers are magazines. All newspapers are books. Some books are journals.
5. Conclusions: I.No journal is a magazine.
II.Some newspapers being journal is a possibility.
6. Conclusions: I.Some journals are newspapers.
II.All magazines are books.
(7-8): Statements: All petals are flowers. No flower is a colour. All colours are fruits.
7. Conclusions: I. No colour is a petal.
II.All fruits being colours is a possibility.
8. Conclusions: I. At least some petals are colours.
II.Some flowers being fruits is a possibility.
9. Statements: All dolls are toys. Some toys are gems. Some gems are boxes.
Conclusions: I. Some toys are dolls.
II.Some boxes are toys.
10. Statements: Some days are nights. Some nights are weeks. All weeks are months.
Conclusions: I. Some months are nights.
II.All weeks being days is a possibility.
11. Statements: Some rivers are roads. Some jungles are roads. Some roads are cars.
Conclusions: I. All cars being jungles is a possibility.
II.All rivers being cars is a possibility.