Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow.
Abhishek, Deepak, Dipika and Vipin are four students of different coaching centres i.e. Lucknow, Delhi, Patna and Cuttack of ABC, and each student belongs to a different state i.e. UP, Uttrakhand, Bihar and Odisha but not necessarily in the same order. ABC arranged Mock–Test series in four test centre, i.e. Banglore, Kolkata, Dehradun and Chennai. All four students appeared for the test series. When the results were declared got first to fourth position in All–India ranking.
- The one who appeared at the Banglore test centre got the 4th position in All–India ranking. But he is not Deepak.
- The one who appeared at Chennai for the test got the First position. The one who belong to Uttrakhand got the third position, while the one who studied at the Lucknow centre got the second position.
- Abhishek and Deepak studied neither at the Lucknow centre nor at Delhi. They appeared for test neither at Kolkata nor at Dehradun centre. They belong neither to Odisha nor to Uttrakhand.
- The one who studied at the Patna centre does not belong to Bihar. The one who belongs to Uttrakhand is not Vipin.
- The one who studied in Delhi did not appear for the test at Kolkata centre. The one who belongs to UP did not appear at Banglore centre.
1. In which of the following Test centre did Dipika appear for the test?
5) Either Chennai or Kolkata
2. Which of the following combinations is definitely true in respect of the given information?
5) None is true
3. Deepak belongs to which of the following states?
4) Can’t say
5) Other than given options
4. Who got the first positions in All–India ranking?
5) Can’t say
5. Which of the following person belongs to Odisha?
5) Either ‘Abhishek’ or ‘Dipika’
6. The 25 per cent reservation for children from economically weaker sections (EWS) at the elementary level in private schools under the Right to Education (RTE) Act is a blessing for the poor.
Which of the following statements takes away from the advantage of this blessing?
1) RTE mandates schools to provide books and uniform free of cost to children admitted under the EWS quota.
2) The government reimburses schools only the tuition fees of the poor.
3) Four years down the line, the Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act has made education neither ‘free’ nor ‘compulsory’ in most parts of the country.
4) The enrolment in government schools has come down.
5) None of these
7. “Now my daughter goes to school every day to study and speaks such good English, as they do on TV.”—A vegetable vendor
Which of the following statements is an assumption in the above statement?
1) Children should not be sent to school every day.
2) Children of vegetable vendors should not be sent to school every day.
3) The English that we get to listen on TV is very good.
4) The English that we get to listen on TV in India is as good as that on BBC.
5) None of these
8. The government is considering a proposal to ban the sale of loose cigarettes, a move that will hit ITC and other cigarette makers hard.
Which of the following is a probable reason of the move hurting the cigarette makers?
1) Loose cigarettes do not let us see the warning image on cigarette packets.
2) Discouraging tobacco consumption appears to be high on the government’s agenda.
3) The move will severely impact the legal domestic cigarette industry in India and the livelihoods of over 38 million people who are engaged in tobacco whilst giving a fillip to smuggling.
4) 70 per cent of retail sale takes place in the form of loose cigarettes.
5) None of these
9. The state of Kashmir has been ravaged by floods. Which of the following is/are not a valid course(s) of action that should be taken?
1) The government should notify Kashmir flood relief as eligible for Corporate Social Responsibility funds.
2) People in Kashmir should plan and design the habitat that will have to be rebuilt, to minimise flood damage in future.
3) Expertise from around the world should be drawn in to plan for the country.
4) Food packets should be dropped to aid the flood-affected victims.
5) All the above are valid courses of action
10. In a row ‘A’ is at the 11th position from the left and B is at the 10th position from the right. If A and B interchange their positions then A becomes 18th from the left. How many persons are there in the row other than A and B?