General Awareness Questions Asked in Recent Exams
In this post, we are going see the General Awareness Questions Asked in MAINS Exams happened in 2017. We have tried to compile all the memory based GA questions in one single article which could help you for upcoming mains exams.
GA Questions Asked in SBI PO Mains Exam 2017
Answer: $46 billion
Q11. Fiscal deficit target for 2017-18 pegged at __________ of GDP?
Q12. The government has decided to make tax evasion of over ____________ under the proposed Goods and Services Tax (GST) the regime as a non-bailable offence.
Answer- Rs 5 crore
Q13. What is the meaning of “S” in MSF?
Answer- Marginal Standing Facility
Q14. What is the meaning of “P” in APBS?
Answer- Aadhaar Payment Bridge System
Q15. The target of digital transactions through UPI, USSD, Aadhar, IMPS for 2017-18?
Answer- 2,500 crore digital transactions
Q16. Cheque written by drawer and dated at some point in past is called?
Answer- Ante-dated cheque
Q17. As per RBI norms on small banks, initial promoter stake for first 5 years should not be less than?
Answer- 40 per cent
Q18. One questions were, Which of the following not correct about UPI?
Q19. The base year for calculating key economic growth from 2004-05 changed to?
Q20. One Question was, increase in repo rate signifies?
Answer: Commercial banks will get more incentives to park their funds with the RBI, thereby decreasing the supply of money
Q21. Finland has become the first country in Europe to pay its unemployed citizens a basic monthly income, amounting to-
Answer- 560 euros ($587)
Q22. Total number of ATMs of SBI after the merger?
Answer- 59,000 ATMs
Q23. The government of India (GOI) has approved 681 crores as seed capital for building a venture for electronic devices with total corpus?
Answer- Rs 6,831 crore
Q24. How much amount has allocated by the government to MGNREGA in this year’s (2017-18) Budget?
Answer- Rs 48,000 crore
Q25. Risk of collapse of entire financial system on entire market is called-
Answer- Systemic risk
Q26. Payments bank not permitted to?
Answer- cannot offer loans
Q27. The NBFCs are allowed to accept/renew public deposits for a minimum period of 12 months and the maximum period of _____ months.
Answer- 60 months
Q28. Government of India has changed CII base year from 1981 to-
Q29. Metric which defines operating liquidity available to business is known as?
Answer- Working capital
Q30. An estimated USD _________ in black money entered India during 2005-2014, US-based think tank Global Financial Integrity (GFI).
Answer- 770 billion
Q31. Name the person, who will head a task force to assess the extent of employment creation at different points of time, based on “credible data.
Answer- Arvind Panagriya
Q32. Institute for Development & Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) is located in?
Q33. Class of derivative whose value is at least partly derived from one or more underlying stock exchange securities? (Trade, Commodity, Credit, Interest Rate, Equity)
Answer- Equity Derivative
Q34. The framework of Joint Lenders’ Forum (JLF) by RBI is to strengthen the system for revitalising the…………….?
Answer- stressed assets in the economy
Q35. Amendment to Section _______ of Negotiable Instruments Acts to include the electronic image of a truncated cheque and a cheque in electronic form.
Q36. The target for agricultural credit in 2017-18 has been fixed at a record level of-
Answer- Rs 10 lakh crore
Q37. 2017 Index of Economic Freedom is topped by which country?
Answer- Hong Kong
Q38. As per RBI, ARCs must have the minimum net corpus of _________ crore by 2019.
Answer- Rs 100 crore
Q39. The UN Day of Vesak Celebration is internationally a cultural and humanistic festival. 14th UN Vesak Day celebrated in which country?
Answer- Sri Lanka
Q40. Using SBI Mingle, the bank’s customers can do a host of banking services on their ____________ accounts at their own convenience.
Answer- Facebook or Twitter
GA Questions Asked in BOB PO Mains Exam 2017
1). 25th April is observed as – World Malaria Day; Theme 2017 – “Malaria prevention: let’s close the gap”
2). Manas Wildlife Sanctuary is located at – Assam
3). Which bank has recently launched “PayZapp App” –HDFC
4). Konkani is the official language of which state? –Goa
5). What is the Headquarters of Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) –Chennai
6). “Kuchipudi” is a classical form of dance, related to which Indian State? –Andhra Pradesh
7). In “MUDRA”, “R” stands for – Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency Bank
8). Which of the following bank has launched “Lime App” –Axis Bank
9). Phulela Gopichand is related to which sports? –Badminton
10). In “RIDF”, “D” stands for –Rural Infrastructure Development Fund
11). Rupesh Shah is related to which sports? – Billiards
12). What is the size of 2000 rupees note? –Height – 66 mm × Width – 166 mm
13). Cuttack is located at the bank of which river? –Mahanadi
14). “”APBS” stands for – Aadhaar Payment Bridge System
15). Headquarters of United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) –Nairobi, Kenya
GK Questions Asked in IBPS RRB PO Mains 2017
1). What is the Full form of ______?
Answer: Unified Payment Interface2). 14th November celebrated as _______?
Answer: Diabetes Day
3). What is the Headquarter Of ICAN?
Answer: Geneva, Switzerland
4). What is the Headquarter Of ICAR?
Answer: New Delhi
5). Who got the Noble prize for literature?
Answer: Kazuo Ishiguro
6). What is the minimum capital required for small finance bank?
Answer: 100 Cr
7). Where is 10th BRICS summit will be held?
Answer: Johannesburg, South Africa
8). Where is Rajiv Gandhi Orang National Park located?
9). What is the meaning of M in MUDRA?
10). What is the meaning of P in PCA?
11). Hidayatullah National Law University is in which state?
Answer: New Raipur, Chhattisgarh
12). Gorumara National Park is located in _________?
Answer: West Bengal
13). Banwari Laal purohit is governor of which state?
Answer: Tamil Nadu
14). What is the First payment Bank in india?
Answer: Airtel Payments Bank Ltd
15). Yudh Abhyas 2017, a joint military training exercise between India and __________?
Answer: United States
16). Kandla port has been renamed as _____?
Answer: Deen dayal upadhyaya Port
17). What is the meaning of G in SHG?
18). Vijayawada situated on the bank of which River?
Answer: Krishna River
19). What is the Capital of Venezuela?
20). Prakash javdekar constituency is ________?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
21). Tungabhadra dam is in which state?
22). Pooja Kadian is related to which sports?
23). Cheque truncation system introduced in which year?
24). The Banking Codes and Standards Board of India was registered as a society under which act?
Answer: Societies Registration Act, 1860
25). Cheque and DD come under which act?
Answer: Negotiable Instrument Act 1881
26). Recently died Kundan Shah is related to which field?
27). Who is the President of Lebanon?
Answer: Michel Aoun
28). Which is Paperless Bank?
Answer: DBS Bank
29). Who is the President of Taiwan?
Answer: Tsai Ing-wen
30). Which state has launched the grid-connected rooftop solar project?
GA Questions Asked in IBPS RRBs Office Assistant Mains Exam 2017
- Bank set up in 9 July, 1988 for housing wholly owned by Reserve Bank of India – National Housing Bank (NHB)
- ‘Interest free’ Bank Account – Current Account
- The Banks who cannot issue Credit Card and Loans – Payments Bank
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana Scheme available for which types of Bank – All Banks
- First Digital Banking Branch “CANDI” launched by which bank – Canara Bank
- Global Trust Bank merged with which Indian Bank – Oriental Bank of Commerce
- The environmental sustainability concern by the banks is related to – Green Banking
- Fine for Violation of Money-Laundering – ₹ 50,000
- Type of Home Loan for older homeowners that requires no monthly mortgage payments – Reverse Mortgage
- ‘Startup Sambandh‘ initiative has been launched by India in association with which country – Sweden
- Loans provided to Women Self-Help Groups at what percent – 7%
- MMID used in – Mobile Banking
- Term loan is typically taken out for a period of 2 weeks to 3 years pending the arrangement of larger or longer-term financing – Short-term Loan (Bridge Loan)
- A Banknote, of which a portion is missing or which is composed of more than two pieces – Multilated Banknotes
- The Banking Ombudsman has increased the compensation for any loss suffered by the complainant from existing ₹ 10 lakh to – ₹ 20 Lakhs
- Geographical Indication (GI) status to Gobindobhog rice, a speciality from Burdwan district of – West Bengal
- Tele-Law Services launched by which Ministry – Ministry of Law and Justice & Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY)
- The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry – Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson
- In ‘WMA’, ‘A’ stands for – Advances (Ways and Means Advances)
- In FCA, ‘F’ stands for – Financial (Financial Conduct Authority)
- In ‘UPI’, ‘U’ stands for – Unified
- In ‘PCA’, ‘A’ stands for – Action
- In ‘RERA’, ‘R’ stands for – Regulatory (Real Estate Regulatory Agency)
- In ‘IFSC’, ‘F’ stands for – Financial
- In ‘CERSAI’, ‘S’ stands for – Securitisation (Central Registry of Securitisation Asset Reconstruction and Security Interest of India)
- Bengaluru is situated on the bank of River – Vrishabhavathi River
- National Academy of Indian Railways is in – Vadodara, Gujarat
- Partition museum – Amritsar, Punjab
- Chhilchhila Wildlife Sanctuary – Haryana
- Bhitarkanika National Park – Odisha
- Manimahesh Lake – Himachal Pradesh
- Lake Baikal – Russia
- The Book ‘Golden House’ written by – Salman Rushdie
- Budapest is the capital city of – Hungary
- Tri-service armed Forces (Army, Navy, & Air Force) exercise INDRA 2017 between India and – Russia
- November 20 – Universal Children’s Day
- Srikanth Kidambi is related to which sport –Badminton
- Winner of 2017 Men’s Hockey Asia Cup – India
- Satya Pal Malik is the governor of – Bihar
- Ram Mukherjee, who passed away recently, was – Director
GA Questions Asked in OICL AO Main Exam 2017
- Which is not a negotiable instrument- Coin
- What is the meaning of “S” in PMGSY- Sadak
- Which state government has received three gold awards at the 20th National Conference on E-Governance- Andhra Pradesh
- North East Calling event is being organised by the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region in- New Delhi
- Sardar Patel Stadium located on- Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Quito is capital of- Ecuador
- Cassini is one of the most ambitious efforts in planetary space exploration by- NASA
- The book “I am HIV positive, so what?” has been authored by- Jayanta Kalita
- HS Prannoy is related with- Badminton
- Where is the headquarter of National Insurance Company Limited (NICL)- Kolkata
- 2017 AIBA world boxing championships held in- Hamburg, Germany
- Chancellor of Germany- Angela merkel
- Constituency of Union Minister Radha Mohan Singh- Purvi Champaran (Bihar)
- The 2017 BRICS summit was the ninth annual BRICS summt held in- Xiamen, China
- Tata Teleservices to merge consumer business with- Bharti Airtel
GA Questions Asked in UIIC Assistant Mains 2017
1. Bathukamma festival is celebrated in which state- Telangana
2. Agricultural leadership award 2017- Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao
3. RBI issue currencies in which system- Minimum Reserve System
4. Under the aegis of Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY), MUDRA has created as CGFMU. In the term CGFMU, G stands for – Guarantee
5. G20 summit 2017 is recently held in- Hamburg, Germany
6. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary is located in- Goa
7. Valley of flowers National Park is located in- Uttarakhand
8. Capital of Kazakhstan- Astana
9. A type of insurance policy that covers property that is easily movable and provides additional coverage over what normal insurance policies do not- Floater Insurance
10. The Task Force on Supportive Policy and Regulatory Framework for Microfinance set up – NABARAD
11. MUDRA provide loan for which sector- MSMEs
12. Indravati dam is located in – Odisha
13. Constituency of Nirmala Sitharaman – Bangalore, Rajya Sabha
14. Headquarters of BMEL is located in – Bangalore
15. Simbex Exercise is conducted between which countries – India & Singapore
16. Which of the following day is celebrated on oct 24 th – UN day
17. Deepika Kumari is related to which sports- Archery
18. Which is fully state-owned Insurance company- LIC
19. Domestic Systematically important banks- ICICI, SBI, HDFC
20. NIIF is used for which Purpose- Infrastructure development
21. Green bond are issued for collecting fund for – Renewable Energy
22. An insurance that covers a defined group of people, for example the members of a society or professional association, or the employees of a particular employer is termed as Group Insurance
23. Insurance that is purchased by an insurance company from one or more insurance companies directly or through a broker as a means of risk management- Reinsurance
24. Capital of Jharkhand- Ranchi
25. In the term ASBA, B stands for- Blocked (Application Supported By Blocked Amount)