Directions (Q.1-5): Rearrange the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) to make a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions which follow :
A. To elaborate briefly on these characteristics and dimension that the author is talking about NRMs are general tests intended to be used to classify students by percentile for measuring either or proficiency for admissions into or placement within a program.
B. Contrastingly, the CRM, such at; a locally produced achievement test, measures absolute performance that is compared only with the learning objective, hence a perfect score is theoretically obtainable by all students who have a mastery of the pre-specified material or conversely all students may fail the test.
C. In most of these books the authors classify a measurement strategy as either norm-referenced (NRM) or criterion-referenced (CRM)
D. Another author points out how the type of interpretation that an NRM offers is the relative performance of the students compared with that of all the other resulting in ideally a bell curve distribution.
E. Numerous books on constructing and using language tests have been written by various authors.
F. CRMs, on the other hand are more specific achievement or diagnostic tests intended to be used for motivating students by measuring to what percent they have achieved mastery of the taught of learned material.
G. One of the authors clearly delineates the differences of these two types by focusing on the categories of “test characteristics” and “logistical dimensions”.
1. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
2. Which of the following should be the SEVENTH (LAST) sentence after rearrangement?
3. Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
4. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
5. Which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
Directions (Q. 6-10): In each of the following sentences there is one or two blank space. Below each sentence there are five pairs of words denoted by letter a), b), c), d) and e). Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks in the sentence in the same sequence to make the sentence grammatically correct and meaningfully complete.
6. The television serials are characterised by an _____________ story line and ___________ plots and sub-plots.
7. __________ the general had been told by the field staff that continuing warfare would be __________ to his soldiers, he insisted on deploying more battle tanks.
8. if mankind has to survive for long, it must _________ and deliberately renounce the fruits of _________ and whirling technology.
9. Most journalistic writing could do with ___________ of paragraphs to make the prose more____________.
10. The __________ and __________happenings in many talk shows annoy many viewers.