Directions (1-5): Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A. The Central Government is weighing several options to involve the states in the process of boosting the country’s exports.
B. These governments hitherto felt that exports are the Centre’s responsibility, which was a wrong approach.
C. The states will now realize that they should themselves encourage exportoriented units.
D. This move by the Centre is also necessitated to eradicate the misunderstanding that prevails among most of the states.
E. It is a welcome move to instill into governments the feeling of belongingness.
F. Exports help flourish a country’s economic situation.
Q1. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
Q2. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
Q3. Which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
Q4. Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
Q5. Which of the following should be the SIXTH (last) sentence after rearrangement?
Directions: Fill in the correct form of one of the phrasal verbs from the box.
1. I have all the information that you need but I’m busy. Can I ___________ you __________ in half an hour?
2. The Prime Minister has decided to ______________________ after 10 years in office.
3. We heard the bomb ______________________ from the hotel where we checked in.
4. Large companies sometimes ______________________ smaller ones.
5. My brother and I ______________________ very well most of the time, but occasionally we do have a fight.
6. I ______________________ playing football a long time ago because of a knee injury.
7. Don’t worry, we’ll try to ______________________ the problems and find a solution for everyone.
8. That story cannot be true. You have surely ______________ it ______________ .
9. After browsing the internet for some time, we finally ______________________ where he lived.
10. I had no use for the books so I _____________ them ______________ to the library.
11. I can’t ______________________ if it’s a woman or a man, because the person is too far away.
12. The pavement is very icy so be careful you don’t ______________________ .
13. There have been a number of robberies, but up to now the police don’t know who ___________ them ______________.
14. The traffic on the motorway was ___________________ by construction work.
15. The energy company __________________ our electricity because we didn’t’ pay.