IBPS Clerk Mains Exam is going to be conducted in the month of Jan 2018 and here we are with the most expected pattern of English questions i.e, double fillers.
Directions (1-10):Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Find out which option can be used to fill up the blank in the sentence in the same sequence to make it meaningfully complete.
1) A group of several hundred people marched towards the eastern part of the city and …..the fortress prison, where they hoped to find …..ammunition.
2) One of the most ……….social reforms of the Jacobin regime was the ….of slavery in the French colonies.
A)reactionary, break up
E)insurgent , spilt up
3) The previous constitution of Nepal, which had been adopted in 1990, ……the fact that the final Authority …..with the king.
4) Drama had its earliest beginnings in the corporate life of the village, the ….form of settlement that took ….in England.
D)arbitrary , reservation
E)controlling , position
5) In the 1605 the famous Gunpowder plot was ….as a protest against the sharp ……….of the anti-Catholic Laws of King James.
6) The fear of an …..epidemic, especially if the water-logged area are not cleared soon,….at govt. & private doctors alike.
B)impending , gnaws
7) Certainly, the army has played a ……role in ….medical services in Srinagar, treating infants as young as four days.
8) The visit by itself had a unique start with the Prime Minister….his home state and , in doing so, …..his priorities.
9) Nalanda was a …centre of learning that ….between fifth and twelfth centuries CE.
10) Madhya Pradesh’s central location makes it an ideal ….as a manufacturing and sourcing …..to tap the constantly growing Indian market.
A)haven , centre