PM’s interaction through PRAGATI
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today chaired his twenty-fourth interaction through PRAGATI – the ICT-based, multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation.
- The first twenty-three meetings of PRAGATI have seen a cumulative review of 208 projects with a total investment of Rs. 9.46 lakh crore. Resolution of Public Grievances has also been reviewed in 17 sectors.
- Today, in the twenty-fourth meeting, the Prime Minister reviewed the progress of the Kedarnath reconstruction work in Uttarakhand. The State Government presented the progress of works through drone imagery.
- The Prime Minister reviewed the progress towards handling and resolution of grievances related to the Delhi Police. He stressed on the importance of improving the quality of disposal of grievances.
Cabinet apprised of an MoU between India and Fiji
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of aMemorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Cooperation in Renewable Energy between India and Fiji. The MoU was signed on 24th May, 201 7at Suva, Fiji.
- Both sides aim to establish the basis for a cooperative institutional relationship to encourage and promote technical bilateral cooperation on new and renewable issues on the basis of mutual benefit equality and reciprocity. The MoU envisages establishing a Joint Working Committee to review, monitor and discuss matters relation to areas of cooperation. It provides for exchange of expertise and networking of information.
- The Memorandum of Understanding will help in strengthening bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Macedonia
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Macedonia on cooperation in the field of Health.
The MoU covers the following areas of cooperation:-
- Capacity building and short term training of human resources in health;
- Exchange & training of medical doctors, officials, other health professionals andexperts;
- Assistance in development of human resources and setting up of health care facilities;
- Any other area of cooperation as may be mutually decided upon.
Cabinet approves signing of MoU between India and Jordan
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Jordan on cooperation in the field of Health & Medical Science.
The MoU covers the following areas of cooperation:
(i) Universal Health Coverage (UHC);
(ii) Health System Governance;
(iii) Services and Information Technology in Health;
(iv) Health Research;
(v) National Health Statistics;
(vi) Health Finance and Health Economy;
(vii) Chronic Disease Control;
(viii) Tobacco Control;
(ix) Diagnosis, Treatment and Medication in Tuberculosis;
(x) Regulation of Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices; and
(xi) Any other area of cooperation as may be mutually decided upon.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Vietnam
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved thesigning of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Vietnam on Economic and Trade Cooperation.
- The MoU would expand more bilateral trade and economic cooperation between India and Vietnam.
Cabinet approves continuation of Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) beyond 12th Plan for three years from 2017-18 to 2019-20
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the continuation of Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) beyond 12th Plan for three years from 2017-18 to 2019-20 with a total outlay of Rs.5,500 crore.
Scheme will create sustainable estimated employment opportunities for 15 lakh persons in three financial years.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is the nodal implementation agency at the national level. At the State/district level, State offices of KVIC, Khadi and Village Industries Boards (KVIBs) and District Industry Centres (DIC) are the implementing agencies. Applications are invited and processed on-line on PMEGP-e-portal. Targets are fixed taking into account:
- Extent of backwardness of State;
- Extent of unemployment;
- Extent of fulfillment of previous year targets;
- Population of State/Union Territory; and
- Availability of traditional skills and raw material.
A minimum target of 75 project/district is awarded to all districts of the country to achieve Inclusive Growth. Higher rate of subsidy (25% to 35%) will be applicable for women, SC/ST, OBC, Physically Disabled, NER applicants in rural areas.
Cabinet approves signing of MoU between India and Jordan on Cooperation in the Field of Manpower
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Jordan on Cooperation in the Field of Manpower.
- The MoU aims at enhancing collaboration between the two sides in promoting best practices in the administration of contractual employment, reflects the latest reforms in recruitment processes and enhances the protection and welfare of Indian workers in Jordan. Collaboration between the two sides in use of online portal for recruitment of Indian manpower is expected to usher in greater transparency and curb malpractices in the recruitment process.
- The MoU will be valid for a period of five years, incorporates provision of automatic renewal and a monitoring mechanism through a Joint Technical Committee.
Inauguration 1st Mega Food Park in Maharashtra at Satara
- The first Mega Food Park in the state of Maharashtra M/s Satara Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd. at Village Degaon, District Satara will be inaugurated tomorrow the 1st March, 2018 by Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, in the presence of Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Chief Minister, Maharashtra. This is the 10th Mega Food Park being operationalized in the country and the 8th operationalized during the tenure of present government.
- To give a major boost to the food processing sector by adding value and reducing food wastage at each stage of the supply chain with particular focus on perishables, Ministry of Food Processing Industries is implementing Mega Food Park Scheme in the country.
- Satara Mega Food Park has been set up in 64 acre of land at a cost of Rs. 139.30 crore. The facilities being created by the developer at Central Processing Centre (CPC) of this Mega Food Park include Dry Ware House – Raw materials of 5000 MT, Warehouse with racking system of 2000 MT, Pulping line of 2 TPH, Hi-tech Cold Storage of 3000 MT, Ripening Chamber of 384 MT, Pack House for F&V of 1 TPH and other food processing facilities.
Railways to install sanitary pad dispensers at 200 stations
- The Railway Ministry on Monday said it aims to install sanitary pad dispensers and incinerators at about 200 stations by International Women’s Day on March 8. The move is aimed to benefit Railway employees and passengers from financially weaker sections. The dispensers have already been installed at railway stations in New Delhi and Bhopal.
Govt. sanctions fund to clear pollution:Delhi
- The central government has sanctioned ₹1,200 crore for schemes to tackle air pollution in Delhi, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant has said.
- He asserted that the city won’t face pollution on account of agriculture residue from neighbouring states this year.
- He further suggested that “those who are not able to live up to the environment control” will be penalised.
Amazon buys video doorbell startup Ring
- E-commerce giant Amazon has agreed to buy US-based video doorbell startup Ring, the companies confirmed.
- According to reports, the deal could be worth more than $1 billion, making it one of the most expensive acquisitions in Amazon’s history.
Transport free in Brussels on high pollution
- Belgium’s capital Brussels will provide free public transport on days of excessive air pollution under new emergency rules.
- Speed limits of cars would be reduced by a third and wood fires will be banned unless they are the only source of heating for households.
- Brussels has also launched an app for citizens to monitor air quality levels.
Moon to get its first mobile phone network
- The moon will get its first 4G mobile network next year to allow lunar exploration vehicles to stream high-definition data back to a base station.
- Vodafone Germany, Nokia, and carmaker Audi said that they were working in collaboration with Berlin-based space exploration scientists.
- The project is a part of the first privately-funded mission to the Moon.
Gadkari Lays the foundation stone for NTCPWC
- Shri Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for setting up of a National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways and Coasts at IIT Chennai.
- NTCPWC, being set up under the Sagarmala programme will act as a technology arm of the Ministry of Shipping.
- It will provide engineering and technological inputs and support for Ports, Inland Waterways Authority of India and other institutions.
2nd Project Of Swajal Yojana launched
- Union Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Uma Bharti launched the Swajal pilot project at Village Bhikampura in Rajasthan.
- Besides ensuring the availability of clean drinking water to every household round the year, the project would also generate employment.
- Swajal is a community-owned drinking water programme for sustained drinking water supply.
EPFO Introduces UAN- Aadhar Linking Facility
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has introduced UAN-Aadhaar linking facility for the convenience of members using EPFO Link in UMANG Mobile App.
- The facility on e-KYC Portal has further added a new feature to link UAN with Aadhaar online using biometric credentials.
- For using this facility with UMANG APP, member will have to provide his/her UAN.
Scientists set record for fastest distance measurements
- Germany and France-based researchers have recorded 100 million distance values per second, demonstrating the fastest distance measurement so far. The team studied a bullet travelling at 540 kmph with micrometre accuracy using laser-based LIDAR (light detection and ranging). Currently restricted to distances less than 1 metre, the technology could be used in autonomous navigation and 3D cameras.
Team India, Proteas donate ₹5.5L for Cape Town water crisis
- Team India captain Virat Kohli and his Proteas counterpart Faf du Plessis have donated ₹5.5 lakh to the Cape Town Water Crisis on behalf of both the teams for drought relief efforts in Cape Town. This comes days after Cape Town pushed back ‘Day Zero’ to July 9, the day the city is expected to run out of water.
Federer won Most Decorated Laureus Award
- Tennis legend Roger Federer became the most decorated winner in the history of Laureus World Sports Awards after he won twin honors at the 18th edition of the awards ceremony in Monaco.
- It was his sixth award.
- American tennis great Serena Williams won the Sportswoman of the Year Award. She is now the most decorated female Laureus Award winner with five Laureus statuettes.
India got 11 Medals At Strandja Tournament
- India has come up with best ever performance at the 69th Strandja Memorial Boxing Tournament in Bulgaria.
- At Sofia, the country ended with a whopping 11 medals – five from men and six from women boxers.
- Overall, the contingent clinched two gold, three silver and six bronze medals.
- Vikas Krishan, who claimed a gold medal in 75 kg category, was also adjudged the best boxer of the event.