Canara Bank has conducted its online examination today, and both the shift is over now. This Computer Based Test was conducted by Canara Bank to select candidates for the admission to PGDBF course who will be further appointed as PO in the various branches of the Bank.
- The level of the Canara Bank PO Exam 2018 was moderate.
- Quantitative Aptitude followed the old pattern with no notable changes in it.
- There were 3 sets of data interpretation, following were the types of DI: Tabular, Bar Graph, Caselet
- 5 questions were asked from Quadratic Equation Topic.
- 15 Questions of this section were asked from Miscellaneous arithmetic problems.
- 5 questions were asked from Data Sufficiency.The topics were Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Ages, Ratio & Proportions
- 5 Questions were asked from Approximation.
- Number series asked in 1st shift of Canara Bank PO Exam
- 91 100 82 118 ? 190
- 3 8 37 86 151 ?
- 14 17 22 29 40 ?
- 13 15 24 52 ? 243
- 3 5 4 12 66 ? 5190
- The reasoning was the little bit tough compared to other sections.
- There were 4 sets of puzzles and Seating Arrangement which are given below:- Linear (Parallel Lines) – 1 Variable, Floor Based (Birth Year)- 2 Variable, Circular Seating Arrangement (Facing inside, Blood relation based) – 2 Variable, Box Arrangement Puzzle – 1 Variable
- 5 Questions were asked from Inequality topic.
- 5 Questions were asked from Syllogism.Questions were asked on old pattern of Syllogism.
- 10 questions from this topic Logical Reasoning.5 questions were asked from Inference topic.5 questions were asked from Argument topic.
- 5 questions were asked from Input/Output.(Not in 2nd Shift)
- English section was the little bit tricky. Multiple paragraphs based RC was asked.The reading comprehensions were based on a topic of US Banking System and the other RC was story based. In cloze test, options were given along with the blank. Phrase replacement was of the new type.
- The level of GA was the moderate and maximum number of questions were from current affairs of January and February.
Questions asked in both shifts are:
Q1. Who was Supriya Devi- Indian Bengali actress
Q2. Maximum limit of Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA)- Rs 1 lakh
Q3. Chamera III Hydroelectric Power Plant sitiated in- Himachal Pradesh
Q4. Badrinath temple situated on the bank of which river- Alaknanda River
Q5. Every year 3rd March celebrated as- World Wildlife Day
Q6. Where is Balpakram National Park- Meghalaya
Q7. What is the meaning of “I” in IDFC Bank- Infrastructure (Infrastructure Development Finance Company)
Q8. What is the size of 10rs note- 123mm*63mm
Q9. Which country will host the Women’s World T20- West Indies
Q10. Nokrek National Park situated in- Meghalaya
Q11. Which is a BIMSTEC member country- Myanmar
Q12. 25th December celebrated as good governance day in the birthday of- Atal Bihari Bajpai
Q13. Paytm partner with whom for fixed deposit- IndusInd Bank
Q14. What is amount of PMJJY- Rs.330
Q15. Prague is capital of which country- Czech Republic
Q16. Every year 13th February celebrated as- World Radio day
Q17. Who is president of Liberia- George Weah
Q18. Prime Minister has inaugurated Rajasthan refinery in- Barmer
Q19. In which state Somasila Dam located- Andhra Pradesh
Q20. Imperfect is autobiography of- Sanjay Manjrekar
Q21. Name the Bank, which has crossed 5bn market share- HDFC Bank
Q22. Paytm partner with whom for fixed deposit- IndusInd Bank
Q23. Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) started in which year- 2011-12
Q24. Where is the headquarters of Catholic Syrian Bank- Kerela
Q25. L&T Shipbuilding in-Tamil Nadu
Q26. One question asked from Door to door step rbi policy for senior age.
Q27. HPCL and Rajasthan mou in which district- Barmer
Q28. Aanchal Thakur is an Indian- Female alpine skie
Q29. Which country has won 2018 Blind Cricket World Cup- India
Q30. What is the meaning of “C” in CRR- Cash (Cash Reseve Ratio)
Q31. Ajanta Cave Temple situated in- Maharashtra
Q32. Small Bank and Payment Bank can not- Term Deposit
Q33. National Voters’ Day is observed on January 25 and this year, National Voters’ Day theme is- Accessible Elections
Q34. A lender of last resort is an institution, usually a country’s- Central Bank (for Example- RBI in India)
Q35. What is the meaning of “D” in MDR- Discount (Merchant Discount Rate)
Q36. The Nordic-Baltic embassies are all set to host the first ever youth film festival of the European nations in- New Delhi
Q37. Payment Bank cannot give- Credit Card
Q38. One Question were asked from Application pay based on QR code.
Q39. Which country is not a member of BIMSTEC?
Q40. JSCA International Stadium Complex in- Ranchi
Q41. What is the meaning of “S” in SWIFT- Society (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication)
Q42. Highest FDI in India from which country- Mauritius
Q43. Which country has emerged as the top borrower from Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)- India
Q44. Name the river near Taj Mahal- Yamuna
Q45. ‘Naseem Al Bahr’, a Naval Exercise between- Indian & Oman
Q46. One question asked from soild or mutilated notes
Q47. Blue Flag Project has Launched by Environment ministry for- Beach Clean up
Q48. Gangtok is the capital city of- Sikkim
Q49. Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary located in- Kerala
Q50. Name the MD and CEO of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB)- Suresh Sethi
Q51. The Himalayan Hydro Expo 2018 kicked off in- Kathmandu, Nepal
Q52. What is the meaning of “L” in NCLT- Law (National Company Law Tribunal)
Q53. Compensation sought from the Banking Ombudsman is beyond- 20 lakhs