Directions (Q. 1-3): In each of the following question, a question is followed by three statements A,B and C. You have to determine which of the statements is/are necessary/sufficient to answer the question.
1. What will be the cost of painting the four walls of a room with length, breadth and height 87 metres, 5 metres and 4 metres respectively? The room has one door and one window.
(A) The cost of painting is Rs. 22.00 per square metre.
(B) The area of the window is 2.56 sq metres, which is half of the area of the door.
(C) The area of the walls is 368 sq metres.
1) Only (C)
2) Only (A) and (B)
3) Only (A) and (C)
4) Only (A)
5) All together are necessary
2. What is the amount saved by Rohit per month from his salary?
(A) Rohit spends 30% of his salary on shopping and 35% on travelling and education.
(B) Rohit spends Rs. 5000 per month on shopping, 15% on entertainment and he saves the remaining amount.
(C) Rohit spends Rs. 3000 per month on travelling and education and saves the remaining amount.
1) Only (B)
2) Only (C)
3) Only (A)
4) Both (B) and (C)
5) None of these
3. What will be the compound interest earned on an amount of Rs. 1000 in two years?
(A) The SI on the same amount at the same rate of interest in 5 years is Rs. 4000.
(B) The CI and the SI earned in one year are the same.
(C) The amount becomes more than double on CI in 20 years.
1) Only (A) and (C)
2) Only (B)
3) Only (A) and (B)
4) Only (B) and (C)
5) Only (A)
4. A can do a piece of work in 15 days while B can do it in 20 days. They work together for 6 days and the remaining work is done by C in 2 days. If they get Rs. 6500 for the whole work, what will be B’s share?
1) Rs. 1800
2) Rs. 1900
3) Rs. 1850
4) Rs. 1950
5) Rs. 2000
5. 168m-and 182m-long two trains are running towards each other on parallel tracks at 48 kmph and 42 kmph respectively. In what time will they cross each other from the moment they meet?
1) 14 seconds
2) 18 seconds
3) 15 seconds
4) 20 seconds
5) 25 seconds
6. A sum of Rs. 16050 was taken as loan. This is to be repaid in two equal instalments at the rate of 14% compounded annually. Find the amount of each instalment.
1) Rs. 9500
2) Rs. 8400
3) Rs. 9458
4) Rs. 9747
5) Rs. 9488
7. A man borrowed Rs. 50000 from two money lenders. For the first loan, he paid 24% pa as simple interest and for the second loan he paid 28% pa. If the total interest he paid at the end of the year be Rs. 12560, how much amount did he borrow from each lender?
1) Rs. 24000, Rs. 26000
2) Rs. 36000, Rs. 15000
3) Rs. 36000, Rs. 14000
4) Rs. 34000, Rs. 16000
5) Rs. 32000, Rs. 18000
Directions (Q. 8-12): Study the following information carefully to answer the questions given below:
In the recently held Commonwealth Games, a total number of 500 players participated in five different games, viz Athletics, Hockey, Lawn Tennis, Rugby and Badminton. 15% of the total players participated in Badminton.
2/5 of the total players participated in Hockey. 6% of the total players participated in Lawn Tennis, and 25% of the total players participated in Athletics. The remaining players participated in Rugby. One-fourth of the Hockey players are females. 20% of the Badminton players are males. Half of the players who participated in Lawn Tennis are males. There are 55 female athletes. No female player participated in Rugby.
8. The number of female players who participated in Badminton is approximately what per cent of the total number of players who participated in Rugby?
5) None of these
9. What is the difference between the number of male players who participated in Hockey and the number of female players who participated in Lawn Tennis?
10. If due to certain reason Athletics was dropped and all the athletes left the tournament, then what was the percentage of male players among the total players remaining in the tournament?
11. What is the ratio of the total number of male players participating in Badminton to the total number of female players participating in Hockey?
1) 10 : 3
2) 3 : 10
3) 5 : 10
4) 3 : 25
5) None of these
12. If there is an increase of 10% in the total number of female players participating in Hockey and Badminton, then what is the total number of female players who participated in the tournament?